How to protect upholstered dining chairs? [Complete Guide]
Dining chairs can be a beautiful addition to any dining room; however, they can also be expensive. One way how to protect upholstered dining chairs is by using protective covers. This article will provide some tips on how to select the right covers which are more protected for your chairs and how to properly install them. Enjoy your beautifully decorated dining room for years to come!
Different Steps to Protect Upholstered Dining Chairs:
By reading following few steps you will get answer to your question How to protect upholstered dining chairs:
- Purchase chair covers that are specifically designed to protect upholstered dining chairs. These covers will fit comfortably over the chair and can be easily removed for cleaning.
- If you plan on using your chairs daily, it is important to select covers that are durable and easy to clean. Look for covers that are machine washable and dryer safe.
- Install the covers by sliding them over the top of the chair until they are snug against the back and seat. Make sure that there are no gaps or loose fabric around the edges of the cover.
- To secure the covers, some people like to use Velcro strips while others prefer to use tucking in the excess fabric around the base of the chair.
- If you are using a cover that has a hood or canopy, make sure that it is properly attached to the cover. This will help to prevent it from blowing off in the wind.
By following these simple steps, you can protect upholstered dining chairs from dirt, dust, and accidental spills. Enjoy your beautiful furniture for years to come!
We have separate article on cleaning dining chair give it a read.
Some More Ways To Protect Your Upholstered Dining Chairs:
We have described few more ways to protect your upholstered dining chair.
1) Vacuum Chairs Regularly To Remove Dust and Dirt:
One of the best ways to protect your upholstered dining chairs is to vacuum them regularly. This will help to remove any dust or dirt that has accumulated on the surface. Vacuuming also helps to prevent the fabric from becoming matted and difficult to clean.
2) Scotchgard Fabric Protector:
If you want to give your chairs an extra layer of protection, you can use a product like Scotchgard. Scotchgard dining chairs by applying a thin layer of the product to the fabric. This will help to repel spills and stains, making them much easier to clean. This is the finest fabric protection spray in the market.
3) Spot Clean Spills As Soon As They Happen:
If you have a spill on your upholstered dining chairs with arms, it is important to spot clean it as soon as possible. Use a mild detergent and a soft cloth to gently scrub away the stain. Be sure to rinse the area thoroughly with clean water to remove any soap residue.
4) Have Professional Cleaners Clean Your Chairs Every 6-12 Months:
Even if you take good care of your upholstered dining chairs, they will eventually need to be cleaned by a professional. A professional cleaner can remove any dirt or stains that have built up over time. They can also help to restore the original color and shine of the fabric.
5) Protect Chair Legs With Felt Pads or Floor Protectors:
If you are not using chair covers, it is important to protect the legs of your chairs with felt pads or floor protectors. This will help to prevent scratches on your floors and keep the chairs in good condition.
6) Rotate Chairs Every Few Months To Evenly Distribute Wear and Tear:
To help evenly distribute wear and tear, it is important to rotate your upholstered dining chairs every few months. This will help to prevent any one area from becoming too worn or damaged.
7) Remove Cushions And Vacuum Them Once a Month:
To keep your cushions in good condition, it is important to remove them and vacuum them once a month. This will help to remove any dust or dirt that has accumulated on the surface.
8) Dry-Clean Cushions As Needed:
If your cushions are starting to look dirty, it is important to dry-clean them as soon as possible. This will help to prevent the fabric from becoming stained or matted.
You maybe interested in reading wooden carver dining chairs. We have detailed post about that.
FAQs: How to protect upholstered dining chairs?
How can I protect my dining room chairs?
There are a few ways that you can protect your dining room chairs from dirt, dust, and accidental spills. You can install chair covers, vacuum the chairs regularly, and spot clean any spills as soon as they happen. You can also have professional cleaners clean your chairs every 6-12 months. Finally, you can protect the legs of your chairs with felt pads or floor protectors.
How often should I vacuum my upholstered dining chairs?
It is a good idea to vacuum your upholstered dining chairs with arms every week to remove any dust or dirt that has accumulated on the surface. This will help to keep the fabric looking clean and new.
Is there anything better than Scotchgard?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. Some people find that Scotchgard works well for them, while others prefer to use a different type of protector. It is important to try a few different protectors to see which one works best for you and your furniture.
How long does Scotchgard last?
Scotchgard is designed to last for up to five years. However, it is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully to ensure that the protection lasts as long as possible.
Does Scotchgard work on fabric?
Yes, Scotchgard can be used on both fabric and leather. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully to ensure that the protection lasts as long as possible.
Now that you know how to select the right covers and install them properly, your beautiful upholstered dining chairs will be protected for years to come. Make sure to follow the tips in this article so that you can enjoy your new furniture for seasons to come. Enjoy your beautiful furniture and make the most of your dining room!